May 24, 2011

Mancat Tuesday

We just had to say Happy Purrthday to Mom ML yesterday, so I am having a Mancat Tuesday.

The v-e-t called and talked to Mom about my blood he stole. My liver and sugar are really good. My kidney stuff was not quite as good. It was one point high. That's not enough for me to have to take medicine and could be a fluke anyway. Mom was concerned because I do have to take prednisone for my asthma sometimes. She says that's hard on the kidneys. So she and the v-e-t will "keep an eye on it" and steal blood sometimes. Yuk.

Mom has also started giving us all bottled water. She calls it fancy water or Rikki water. She says that is easier and cheaper and more fun than v-e-t and medicine for kidneys. I don't know about all of that, but it is tasty. I think Mom should start drinking it too.

I'm doing pretty good for an almost 11 year old mancat. And I'm still the THoE* winner around here. ROWR!

Purrrrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

.Pepi, Mancat of the House

*THoE = Thundering Herd of Elephants

11 comments:

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

The vet results actally sound pretty good for bein 11. We hope the kidney thing WAS a fluke...

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I think you are doing excellent for an eleven year old mancat! Enjoy your Rikki water!!!

Mariodacat said...

you are doing right well for 11 pal. Happy to hear you don't have any major problems.

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Glad the blood work was mostly good. We will have to check into that water. Socks is 11 years old too and he is still the THoE champion at our house.

Fuzzy Tales said...

The test results sound pretty good to us too, and we'll cross our fingers the elevated kidney value was indeed a fluke!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It sounds like you are doing mostly pretty good, Pepi! We have been drinking bottled water here forever (I think the other cats were drinking it before I even lived here), and we swear by it!

Athena said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty well for 11! Enjoy that water!

Angel and Kirby said...

We are glad that your health is good.

Flock O' Fuzzies said...

We hope the kidney thing was a fluke too. You're doing pretty good for 11.

Shayna said...

Very glad to hear your good news, Pepi! Stay on top of that THoE... ;-)

Derby, Ducky said...

Stay well Pepi!