Sep 3, 2008

Friendsday

My bud Victor Tabby Cat won the Best Interprestation of a theme in the Doing the Q contest with his Tail Q!

ConCATulations, Victor dude.


Awesome Tail Q!

We wrote this song for him after he wrote a Dear Tabby letter about his new sisfur hissing at him at first. He said we should post it, so I thought I'd finally wrangle the typist into copying and pasting from the email we sent him. (Like that's so hard when you have opposable thumbs. ha!)

Dear Tabby
in Honor of Victor Tabbycat
Sung to the tune of Dear Abby by John Prine

Dear Tabby Dear Tabby
You won't believe this
My sisfur makes noises, all of a hiss
My mommy she tells me it's all in my head
My dudes they tell me to write you instead
Signed, Hissy's Brofur

Hissy's Brofur, Hissy's Brofur, you got no complaint
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood
Signed, Dear Abby

Dear Tabby Dear Tabby my water fountain leaks
My sisfur hisses at me, my beans are all freaks
Every side I get on is the wrong side of bed
If it wasn't so tiring I'd wish I was dead
Signed, Bewildered

Bewildered, Bewildered, you got no complaint
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood
Signed, Dear Tabby

Dear Tabby, dear Tabby, my claws is too long
My fur's falling out and my rights are all wrong
My friends all tell me I've no friends at all
Won't you write me a letter, won't you give me a call
Signed, Confuzzled

Confuzzled, Confuzzled, you have no complaint
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood
Signed, Dear Tabby

High Five, dude!
Purrrrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi